The Montana Posse

The Montana Posse
L-R: Brian aka Chester, Chuck aka Doc Holiday, Hilary aka Sheriff, Bob aka Tonto. These three friends of mine are going with me on my journey to meet my birth mother in July

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The windows program in my head shut down

So I forgot where I was yesterday, the days are drawing into a fuzz. A good blur though.  The Days Inn we stayed at last night I  was excited to see a whirlpool bath tub in our room, however it looks like no one had cleaned it for months around the jets. YUK... and on top of that, the drain  was being held in place by someone's hair .  I named the hairball Valerie.  No offense to any of my friends named Valerie.  Just came to me as I was showering.

Brian is no longer allowed to check his tires beyond kicking them. LOL. He has what they call balls or beads in his tires. they're supposed to increase the balance of the tire.  They are also designed to cause great disaster if you decide to try to check your tire pressure with a gauge.  They get sucked into the valve stem and then can cause the tire to deflate at a good rate of speed.   That happened this morning. Chuck, the fix it man came to the rescue.  Knowing what I know now about tire beads I will never use them.. I don't have the ability not to use a tire gauge.  I would be the one who checks to see how many beads i could catch in there.

Today was a hot one again.  We did  398 miles, all interstate 90.   We got here at 3:30 and I did get a little cat nap in while Chuck was planning tomorrow's scenic ride.

Sooooo. I was supposed to update my blog last night.   it is now Wednesday morning.   We rolled into Murdo, SD.  The boys did their laundry and I started looking at IMC headsets. Mine is crapping out.   We then all met up to go to the classic car/motorcycle museum next door. The place was HUGE!!! A collector's fascination of all sorts. They had  cars, motorcycles,  small engines,cameras, rocks and semi stones, lunch pails etc.

When I say the place was huge it was getting exhausted and woozy while walking through.  We had eaten an ok breakfast yesterday morning, stopped at all the gas stops and drank water and had snacks, and when I got in I cracked open a big thing of planters nuts for protein.  It wasn't enough. With the  97 degree weather, I was exhausted and drained.

I made it to dinner at the diner and I do remember eating. i mean folks this is like 7:30 central time, what is wrong with me!!  So  I ate everything on my plate I was so hungry. I think I even at the garnish.  not sure if it was food or plastic.  I must have gained ten lbs from food consumption here just to stay functioning. My liver is actually re growing from lack of  consumption. Maybe it's my liver that is gaining weight.

 The boys were carrying on, when I noticed over Chuck's shoulder a nasty, sweaty, 4 chin,  plastic baseball cap  jammed on his mullet with sweat coming down his eyebrows truck driver.  I know the idea with the uniform shirt is to make them look professional... FAIL!!!

So he started giving me the eyes and I guess what he felt were the "want to come over" gesture.  I would have rather cuddled up to a scorpion.. He was relentless so I decided to just excuse myself from the dinner table.  The group was done but they were still yackity yackity and I knew if I was going to stay at the table any further I would have ended up face down sleeping in the remains of the bun from my seadog  or saying something to the trucker, which he probably wouldn't have understood thanks to our "accents".

I left the boys, came back to my hotel room,  looked at the netbook and said.. Nope... Just because the computer's windows are working doesn't mean my internal windows  were...

My windows in my head had shut down.

So today is the fun day.. I'm going to see a lot of great things with lots of great pictures


2 comments:

  1. "I'm sexy and I know it" comes to mind.... Be safe today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I would be the one who checks to see how many beads i could catch in there." BWHAHAHAHA! You slay me!!

    ReplyDelete