The Montana Posse

The Montana Posse
L-R: Brian aka Chester, Chuck aka Doc Holiday, Hilary aka Sheriff, Bob aka Tonto. These three friends of mine are going with me on my journey to meet my birth mother in July

Monday, July 16, 2012

On the SS Badger

Hello everyone!  We are on the SS. Badger going across lake Michigan.  Yesterday we hit a lot of rain showers coming from Niagara Falls through to Michigan.  However, every time we stopped to don our raingear,  it would stop.  By the last rain storm (of course we had taken our rain gear off) it was close to 96 degrees and  I welcomed the cool down through my mesh riding suit.   Ok side note, I'm sitting in the cafeteria of the Badger and I'm listening to some crazy bad rendition of a polka song promoting the Badger LOL. Next bingo with old people!!!  Yes I told the rest of the Tiger Balm Brigade they better come down here off the top deck to feel like youngin's again.

So on a serious note, yesterday Brian got a flat tire but he handled it like a pro.  We had stopped for gas and  when he rolled away from the pump he only had 4 lbs of pressure in his front tire.  So the tire is ok, but the valve stem is crap. So we've pumped him back up a few times to get his monster machine on the boat.  He's already set up to have the tire repaired on the other side of the ferry.  Great organization they belong to American Goldwing Riders Association. Their book listings have a list of all members nationwide so he's already hooked up with  someone at a shop to go get this fixed once we roll him off the boat.

One thing I have noticed,  Norfolk folks need to stop complaining about a little roadkill on the road. Holy shitcakes the ride from Niagara Falls to Ludington, I have never seen so much roadkill in my LIFE!  You'd think it was like a Jim Jones animal cult out here.

So enough blogging for now.  I'm sitting in the midst of a huge bingo game where the callers have a funny mid west accent. I plan to play and beat the pants off of everyone here.

Heck if I don't win I'll just take their pants and run. they can't catch me anyway.


I have a lot more pictures, but I have no cell reception so I can't transfer them to here in this blog post. However, I can text them in in a minute. This picture of us leaving port on the SS Badger

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't all that roadkill really stink after baking there on the side of the road. I got stuck one time in Indiana in a traffic jam near a deer that had been there for about 3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We met up with a lot of roadkill in PA one year. A half of a deer was lying in the road and nearly made me vomit. Then a friggin' Hawk started flying above my head, traveling right along with me. It had to have been a reincarnated biker ;-) Or maybe it was a buzzard...

    Sorry to post so much, I am getting better at the codes now. LOL

    ReplyDelete