The Montana Posse

The Montana Posse
L-R: Brian aka Chester, Chuck aka Doc Holiday, Hilary aka Sheriff, Bob aka Tonto. These three friends of mine are going with me on my journey to meet my birth mother in July

Monday, July 16, 2012

in minnesota

So we're in Minnesota.  Today was a very long ride after the ferry.  It was compounded by hitting 103 degree weather without any shade in sight.  I used to feel bad that my gas tank will only hold 2.75 gallons.  Not today!  I needed to stop even  115 miles to get a gatorade and some sort of nutrition.

So today was all about poop.  I must have smelled so much cow poop all over farm land, and also a farmer that was spraying his poop that it was coming across the highway in a mist.. Then right when we were crossing the mississippi river we heard someone on our cb channel four, the channel we talk on.   This male/female cattle hauling team remarked that they heard us talking and were following us. We ended up carrying on back and forth for the next twenty miles.  At one point we were climbing a hill on the highway and the woman in the second truck said to us to "tuck right in behind the first truck so we could get some good speed".   Her next comment was "we don't have any female heifer's on right now so there's nothing to worry about.  Those females  spray their business out the back of the trailer". Again, poop/pee theme.

Brian got his tire fixed at Badger Cycles in Manitowa, Wisconsin. Very nice folks.

We finally got in to the hometown of Spam, Austin, MN about two hours ago.  I brought the guys to dinner tonight at the hotel.. Everyone is a bit tired. Chuck looks like a toddler way up past his bedtime.  

here's some pictures that I finally got to download. The first one is a picture of us under  an under pass getting our rain suits on and Chuck trying to turn off his blue tooth to make a hotel reservation. The second is the same underpass with all our bikes.  It POURED!

picture three is of the SS Badger that we took across lake Michigan.. Poor chuck was dismayed that the little buoys he kept seeing in the water were in fact NOT lobster traps... Chuck, it's a lake.  And the fourth was the OuterSpace diner that we had breakfast in in Niagara Falls before we left there.

My bike is going great. I'm glad I packed heavy for this trip the mid west winds are fierce!  The extra baggage is helping me stick to the road ;P I'm headed to sleep. One more long day of riding tomorrow 400+ miles. Then we get to play around seeing the sights the next day.   Will post more tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment