The Montana Posse

The Montana Posse
L-R: Brian aka Chester, Chuck aka Doc Holiday, Hilary aka Sheriff, Bob aka Tonto. These three friends of mine are going with me on my journey to meet my birth mother in July

Monday, July 2, 2012

I received an email  yesterday from my birth mother.   Holy mother of non religious symbols she is my doppelganger .  So in her way she asked me what we wanted to do while we were out there.   Options go visit ghost towns, tubing down the river or flat out. Just go sit in a river and get drunk?  Well I told her most likely all three since I've done NONE of those things and I think this is a make shift bucket list trip (Brian that's for you).

So one thing about my birth mother that I asked her long ago. WTF is up with my Moody Blues addiction?

I mean really I am not the right generation. My best friend Lynne and I love going to The Moodies concerts but truly and honestly we're jammin out with folks in the audience who are in wheelchairs with oxygen on.   Where the hell did it come from?? I must know every line in every song ever made by The Moodies, had a crush on Justin Hayward growing up while everyone else was all over Abba and the Police.

Turns out my mom listened to them over and over while she was preggers with me.

Who wants to go to the next Moodies concert with me and Lynne?  PS we are one of the few who do not need the wheelchair accessible seats.

(ps. no offense to the handicapped. I don't need canes thrown at me)

No comments:

Post a Comment