The Montana Posse

The Montana Posse
L-R: Brian aka Chester, Chuck aka Doc Holiday, Hilary aka Sheriff, Bob aka Tonto. These three friends of mine are going with me on my journey to meet my birth mother in July

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The big 40!

I want to first thank everyone who has either emailed, facebooked me, or tried to call me to wish a happy birthday.  I have very little to no cell reception here so I will review messages tomorrow!

I had the most wonderful experience  here ever in Boulder, MT.   My birth family has surpassed all thoughts of who/what I thought they would be. I have never, honestly, in my whole entire life met such wonderful folks who exude the true meaning of hospitality.  Not only did they accept me into their family, but Brian, Munds, Chuck and Cheryl in as well.  Such wonderful folks; the type you really never see anywhere.  The type that would give you their shirt off their backs if you needed it.

So today we went over to my grandmother's house mid morning and pulled an oil change on my bike.  Good choice since my oil looked like tar after all the mountains the nurple has climbed.

We then went out on atvs and got to see some of the history of their land. I have some great pictures to post from my cell phone but since I lack reception they'll have to be downloaded another time.  There's a true ghost town on the property that is absolutely amazing that we saw yesterday. Today we played on atvs, and my family and I went through family photos to show me more about my heritage.  Really fascinating stuff.

This afternoon, up until 10 tonight everyone held a bbq and birthday party for me.  It was amazing fun.  Denise had a cake made for me  that I will share in the pictures here.  I'm still awestruck at the thoughtfulness of everyone, and I mean everyone. When Chuck and I returned back to our motel room he says "so what did you think?" (remember Chuck's adopted too so he knew the emotions I was going through) and all I was able to keep saying was "wow"  over and over.  I'm overwhelmed by how wonderful everyone is.

So here's some pictures from today and also some pictures from before we arrived (finally got them off the camera).  The pictures not related to the b day bash are from Bear Tooth Highway and Yellowstone.

Munds and Brian at one of the peaks on Bear Tooth highway

Yes.. I'm freezing my ass off. That's snow behind me. I had to put my rain suit on under my riding suit because I was so cold. That's on Bear Tooth Highway as well

Brian with a back drop of snow

One of the many Chuck approved signs

Munds on his ride today around the Sutherlin land

Munds and my cousin Buck

Barbara Sutherlin's (grandmother) home. She too  lives in a renovated barn

chuck on his ride. What some won't know is that he has a loaded 40 cal behind him for just in case he meets a moose or something out on the property ride

Cheryl coming back from a spin. She and Chuck left Buck in their dust!

Cheryl Rudloph and I.  Had to go clear across the US to finally have a beer together.  She brought Sam Adams to Montana!

Denise, Scooby, and me

Denise went for a motorcycle ride with us today

Out in the back yard of the Sutherlins.  On my back is my camera and on my left is a self cocking 40 cal pistol in case I met some undesirables out in the back woods.  Yes, it's held onto the atv withe a bungie cord through the trigger guard. MA eat you heart out on that one!!!  Everyone out here keeps guns in their cars, tables, etc.  Its just a way of life.  And road beer is just a way to stay hydrated!

Denise, me and Buck's shirt

Denise had this cake made for me for the party!!! I love it! She couldn't find a figuring that wasn't a harley. So she had them take all the harley emblems off LOL

Tomorrow we are heading out of here after breakfast.  We'll be heading up to Whitefish to pick up Brian.  Brian took off earlier this morning to go see his niece who just had a baby six days ago. Congrats to Brian and his family.  Then we're headed up to Glacier and then into Canada to start our return trip home.

This trip has been amazing, and it's still going

3 comments:

  1. So Amazing. Why the hell am I crying? Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who you are, EMS, but welcome. It has been an absolutely amazing journey to learn of my heritage, see parts of this country I've never seen, and make great new friends. Such a bucketlist item by 5000%

      Delete
  2. That is just wonderful. What a way to meet your family. Ride safe and enjoy the rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete