The Montana Posse

The Montana Posse
L-R: Brian aka Chester, Chuck aka Doc Holiday, Hilary aka Sheriff, Bob aka Tonto. These three friends of mine are going with me on my journey to meet my birth mother in July

Saturday, June 16, 2012

I've gone public

So tonight I told my mom (the one, the only, the one who raised me), that I am going to meet my birth mother in just less than a month.  It was over a sushi dinner at Mai Pearl with the whole family.  She amazed me not only absorbing the idea but embracing it. It was wonderful to know that I have support across the board.  It really is the understanding from her that I needed and that she was ok with all this. I know she doesn't like me on a motorcycle but she also understood that I am in good company and that this is really and truly a life mission I'm embarking on. I explained to her how this is a pilgrimage in so many areas: not just meeting my birth mother, but taking chances and experiencing new things and new places.  I'm so proud of her.  It actually made me feel that I could open up to her more about many other topics (who knows what but I'm just saying).

And thanks to my wonderful husband who supported me through telling my family.  He's my rock. In every sense of the word.

So my biggest hurdle has been crossed.  Now I feel I can do this trip with everyone's blessing.  I am so ready to go now.

1 comment:

  1. This appears to be an adventure of genuinely epic proportions, Hilary. I expect it will exceed all your hopes! Be safe and have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete