The Montana Posse

The Montana Posse
L-R: Brian aka Chester, Chuck aka Doc Holiday, Hilary aka Sheriff, Bob aka Tonto. These three friends of mine are going with me on my journey to meet my birth mother in July

Sunday, May 27, 2012

only 7 Saturday's left!

So this past two weeks have been a struggle. So very much looking forward to this experience coming up. The emotions and preparations needed on this ride combined with family life  have made this already a version of  Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.  If you don't know what it is: read it.  It's not a quick read but definitely a worthy one.  No you don't even need to know anything about motorcycles or motorcyclist behavior to understand it.

So lately I've been taking a lot of solo short rides. When I ride it's a way to clear my mind and soul and just be clear and peaceful.  There are some great roads where I live that force me to focus my machine through the terrain and turns, and then there are the straight country roads that allow my mind to search within itself.

On those twisties it's mostly adrenaline, and pushing my bike through the vortex of the turn no matter how deep it is or how much I have to lean.

On the slow, lazy country roads my mind is allowed to wander. Lately it's encompassed "what is my birth mother like?" Will we laugh the same? smile the same? would you even be able to tell we're related if we were walking down a street side by side?" . Perhaps I've passed her in life and never even known.   Did she ever want children after having to give me up for adoption?  What feelings do women go through when they have to give up a baby? I understand the obvious; but I'm the curious about the less obvious.

Did she know she was doing a great thing?  I hope so. If she doesn't; I intend to let her know.

I have nothing left to do except pack for this trip.  Going through Canada we've had to make sure our passports are all up to date and a Canada card for insurance on our bikes.  Planning our steam coaled cruise ship reservations, and getting the last of the stuff I need for luggage and bike maintenance (i.e. barrel bag to tie to back seat duffel to give lower back support and tire tubes).

It's really heartwarming to know the guys that are going with me. They are amazing wonderful folks and I can't wait to share the road, and this experience, with them.

1 comment:

  1. All of your thoughts about your birth mother I've been through. We sat in the same restaurants, knew the same people and so many other things, but never knew each other was there. The pieces of the puzzle just never could come together.
    Your Riding Partner
    Montana Posse
    Doc Holiday

    ReplyDelete